Tuesday, May 19, 2009

NEW 4 Liter Plastic Cylinder, PP Squat Form

I must admit, when asked to show this new 4 Liter Polypropylene Squat Form Plastic Cylinder at a recent show I thought, this thing is HUGE who could possibly need a cylinder this big? Measuring in with a 8" octagonal base and just under 2' feet tall, this is one serious cylinder!

Steve Yudicky our product manager made sure to point out its features such as the detachable base that unscrews leaving a tube that's 4.875" in diameter with 50mL subdivisions and 500mL graduation markings all the way up one side.

So off I went and to my surprise it was a huge hit (no pun intended). I never thought labs would think this was such an amazing product (did I mention my Art Degree yet today?). Steve was right and the orders are rolling in from all over the world after being in the market only months. So far the demand has been centered in the Industrial segment with numerous labs buying in smaller quantities.

Demand is so strong that I held off posting new product releases until we were sure stock could cover any spikes... which brings me to the here and now. This is a quality plastic cylinder, the largest I have ever seen (again... art major here) with clearly printed blue graduations. It is calibrated TC/TD In 20ÂșC +/- 50mL and weighs less than 11 lbs when at full capacity.

Use for measuring large volumes, mixing and making up solutions and buffers. Complies with ISO 6706 and US FDA 21 CFR 177.1520 for use with Food and Beverage. Autoclavable (repeated autoclaving may affect accuracy).

My suggestion, check these 4L plastic cylinders out and order while we have stock available!

No comments: